🔕 🔔

Samphire/Salicorn

I found samphire in the store today and will try making it for dinner tonight, along with a piece of salmon. I’ll probably make it simply--boil or steam and then serve with melted butter. Anyone have any better ideas?

asked almost 4 years ago

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

Raw as a garnish or in a salad. I've never cooked it but would suggest you only cook it slightly to keep its crunch.

http://food52.com/blog....
That article will help you.

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

Great suggestion about the blog from Chris. The salmon suggestion seems like it would be delicious! http://www.nytimes.com...

Thanks for the link--that is a good resource. I ended up steaming the samphire and adding butter. It was OK--made a colorful contrast to the salmon. Tastewise, I wasn't bowled over, but it had a pleasant crunch and I'm sure it was good for me.