🔕 🔔

pickled corn

I am fermenting corn using the pickled corn recipe from Brys Stephens' The New Southern Table. I had never seen this type of pickle before and wanted to give it a try. He has you cut the corn through the cob into 1 inch segments and add to the liquid. My question is when these are done will the cob be edible? Or do you only eat the kernels? He has a recipe using the pickled corn in a frittata on the next page that seems to have you add the whole corn pieces in. It is only one day in but the cobs are rock hard. Has anyone had these pickles before?

asked by NYNCtg over 1 year ago
84e04bee 8fc8 4bdc 8199 701c1af83294  image

I'm not familiar with pickled corn, but my guess is the cob is only added for flavor... I've seen recipes to use leftover corn cobs (e.g. corn stock, corn silk "tea") but they all involve extracting flavor instead of rendering them edible.