🔕 🔔

why soak nuts

Why should nuts be soaked before eating, for how long, hot or cold water, which nuts need soaking?

asked by Rose about 4 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

I've never soaked nuts before eating. Is this part of a recipe? No reason to soak them for just eating

9a61d3c7 2821 4579 8601 c61c43d1c19f  img 0472

Never heard of soaking nuts either.

Actually, I have a nifty recipe for Macadamia Nut Mayonnaise that involves soaking nuts. I've heard of also soaking nuts to make nut milk, but that's about it.

Soaking nuts overnight in water makes them easier to digest. I have recipe where you soak whole almonds in water overnight. The next day you squeeze them out of their skins and then roast them with olive oil and fresh rosemary. You wouldn't believe how delicious they are!