why soak nuts

Why should nuts be soaked before eating, for how long, hot or cold water, which nuts need soaking?

asked by Rose almost 5 years ago

I've never soaked nuts before eating. Is this part of a recipe? No reason to soak them for just eating

darksideofthespoon

Never heard of soaking nuts either.

darksideofthespoon

Actually, I have a nifty recipe for Macadamia Nut Mayonnaise that involves soaking nuts. I've heard of also soaking nuts to make nut milk, but that's about it.

alygator

Soaking nuts overnight in water makes them easier to digest. I have recipe where you soak whole almonds in water overnight. The next day you squeeze them out of their skins and then roast them with olive oil and fresh rosemary. You wouldn't believe how delicious they are!