1f08cecb 166d 4a4d 9208 f6ddfd9069ff  dscn3763

When I first made this jam, it was lovely. But the remains have crystalized. Although it still tastes good, is there a way to avoid this? Thanks. Here is the link to the recipe:

asked by Sagegreen almost 8 years ago

Sagegreen

another photo close up

usuba dashi

Sugar crystalizes because the crystal structure was damaged during cooking, usually from stirring too much; or putting it in the fridge and the sugar gets too cold or both. Or is there too much sugar in the recipe?

Just some suggestions

Sagegreen

I think there was initially too much sugar when I first made this recipe, so I cut down. I will make more with less and see what happens. Thanks.

usuba dashi

Sounds fine. Sugar has trouble staying in suspension much above 60 brix or 60% of solids.