🔕 🔔

making lasagne for dinner tonight. To par boil the noodles or not??? Thank you!!!!!

asked by bamcnamara over 4 years ago

CookOnTheFly

Depends on how much liquid is in your recipe. If you are making a traditional sauce/gravy, then yes. If you sauce is a bit soupy, like a cup or so of more water, then no. It also depends on how you are going to layer your lasagna. If you do it like me, sauce, noodles, ricotta/spinach/parm layer, repeat, you sauce needs to be rather thin. I prefer retaining all the flavor of my sauce/gravy and parboiling the noodles.

mensaque

If you're using dry sheets,yes,4 to 5 mins.will do.If it is fresh,no need,but in both cases you need to sauce them.

Dona

Ronda, that's exactly what I do. Perfect every time.

I have not pre-cooked the noodles in my most recent lasagne making ventures, and have discovered that they cook up beautifully straight from dry. And to think I used to waste all that time cooking them first!