How to Butternut squash noodles into puree

I'm making a healthy lasagna for dinner and recipe calls for butternut squash puree.... well the grocery store only had the noodles..... How do I turn them into a puree... food prosseser is not working out very well... do I need to heat them 1st?

asked by Lorena Lopez 6 months ago

MMH
MMH

I'd steam them but in the microwave so the nutrients don't leach out. Sometimes I buy frozen cubes & they are already steamed.

Are you trying to puree cooked butternut squash? . If you purchased butternut squash, then I'd cook it first (roast it whole but pierce the skin several times with a knife; or, halve it with a good-sized chef's knife, remove seeds and pith, then bake or steam, then scrape the flesh from the tough skin, and purée it. I hope you'll provide more info so we can be of more help. Boil plain lasagne noodles (or use no-boil noodles), layer the (whole) noodles in a baking dish, alternating with the butternut squash purée and the other ingredients called for, then bake according to directions.

(you wouldn't want to purée actual noodles, however :)

mstv

I would steam and then mash with a potato masher.