How long can fruit pies last unrefrigerated?

Like everyone this week,Im juggling time & space. I have no available freezer space, and limited fridge space. If I wanted to get a jump on baking the apple, the pumpkin, and the fall fruit pie how long can I expect them to last?

asked by ukimmeru over 4 years ago

Stephanie Bourgeois
Stephanie Bourgeois

Stephanie is the Head Recipe Tester of Food52.

For fruit pies, they can last for a day or two outside of the refrigerator, but of course they will last longer in the fridge. For any pie with milk or eggs (such as pumpkin pie), it should definitely be refrigerated.

Buy a few bags of ice, stick them in a cooler, a utility sink, tub or your bathtub, and create some extra fridge space. You need a lot of ice.