A question about a recipe: Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Deba4a90 c402 48eb 878c e94090b4fa6a  2016 0906 pumpkin chocolate chip cookies james ransom 086

I have a question about the recipe "Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies" from Merrill Stubbs. Can I make these ahead? Will they keep 4 days in the fridge?

asked by Victoria Phillips about 5 years ago

Allison Bruns Buford
Allison Bruns Buford

Allison works in the Food52 test kitchen

You could certainly make the batter ahead, then just bake them off a day ahead and store in an airtight container. You could probably get away with two days ahead, but four might be pushing it for optimal freshness.

jvcooks

I agree, you could make the batter ahead and then bake the cookies off fresh a day or two ahead.

Allison Bruns Buford
Allison Bruns Buford

Good news, Victoria!

Spoke with the source herself, and she says that the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies will keep for four days in the fridge.