Will making pumpkin pie a day ahead compromise it's integrity

Can I make pumpkin pie a day ahead and it keep it's integrity

asked by Mary Bridget 12 months ago

former Community Editor

A day ahead of time will be fine. Here are some more tips for making pumpkin pie ahead of time: https://food52.com/hotline...

It will certainly be edible but if you are used to pies baked on the same day, you may notice a slight drop in quality, particularly the crust which will no longer be as crisp as a freshly baked pie since it has started to absorb moisture (especially the bottom crust).

It may end up resembling a pie that you buy at the supermarket which are probably 1-3 days old.

Considering that people save some room in their stomach for dessert, I have preferred to bake pies on the day they are to be served. This isn't specific to pumpkin pie.

Best of luck.

cratecooking
cratecooking

Susan is a Recipe Tester for Food52

I agree about the comments on the crust but if it saves you stress and time on Thanksgiving Day I definitely think it’s worth it!

Sabrina Denise Whiteman

No it will not. A home made crust fare better than store bought plus aren't you going to warm it up? This goes for Apple, pecan etc. I'd only be worried about a deep dish cobbler