Will making pumpkin pie a day ahead compromise it's integrity

Can I make pumpkin pie a day ahead and it keep it's integrity

Lindsay-Jean Hard November 21, 2017

A day ahead of time will be fine. Here are some more tips for making pumpkin pie ahead of time: https://food52.com/hotline...

702551
702551 November 21, 2017

It will certainly be edible but if you are used to pies baked on the same day, you may notice a slight drop in quality, particularly the crust which will no longer be as crisp as a freshly baked pie since it has started to absorb moisture (especially the bottom crust).

It may end up resembling a pie that you buy at the supermarket which are probably 1-3 days old.

Considering that people save some room in their stomach for dessert, I have preferred to bake pies on the day they are to be served. This isn't specific to pumpkin pie.

Best of luck.

Voted the Best Reply!

Stephanie B.
Stephanie B. November 21, 2017

I bake mine Wednesday night and my guests and I still love it. I haven't noticed any issues with my crust - it's still crisp and flaky (I get comments on this from guests every Thanksgiving). Plus as host, there is no way a pie is getting in my oven on Thanksgiving, there's too much else going on between the turkey and things guests want to warm in the oven. So I say go ahead and bake your pie a day out.

cratecooking
cratecooking November 21, 2017

I agree about the comments on the crust but if it saves you stress and time on Thanksgiving Day I definitely think it’s worth it!

Sabrina Denise Whiteman
Sabrina Denise Whiteman November 23, 2017

No it will not. A home made crust fare better than store bought plus aren't you going to warm it up? This goes for Apple, pecan etc. I'd only be worried about a deep dish cobbler