🔕 🔔

Will making pumpkin pie a day ahead compromise it's integrity

Can I make pumpkin pie a day ahead and it keep it's integrity

asked by Mary Bridget 24 days ago

Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

A day ahead of time will be fine. Here are some more tips for making pumpkin pie ahead of time: https://food52.com/hotline...

88afa98e fd9c 4e61 af72 03658638b6cb  eight ball 600px

It will certainly be edible but if you are used to pies baked on the same day, you may notice a slight drop in quality, particularly the crust which will no longer be as crisp as a freshly baked pie since it has started to absorb moisture (especially the bottom crust).

It may end up resembling a pie that you buy at the supermarket which are probably 1-3 days old.

Considering that people save some room in their stomach for dessert, I have preferred to bake pies on the day they are to be served. This isn't specific to pumpkin pie.

Best of luck.

1159112d e9d2 47a5 aa03 ccf4491917f1  img 9977
cratecooking

Susan is a Recipe Tester for Food52

I agree about the comments on the crust but if it saves you stress and time on Thanksgiving Day I definitely think it’s worth it!

Fa8dc9be c95f 4edc ac64 c05090ebeada  fb avatar

No it will not. A home made crust fare better than store bought plus aren't you going to warm it up? This goes for Apple, pecan etc. I'd only be worried about a deep dish cobbler