🔕 🔔

Turkey gravy

I want to have turkey gravy for my Thanksgiving meal, but I cheated and ordered my turkey already cooked, so I won't have any drippings for gravy. I made turkey stock for my stuffing/dressing though. Will that be good enough for gravy? Do I need to do anything special?

asked by Meghann Cantey over 4 years ago

Yes, it will be just fine! The turkey flavor will come through, even without the drippings. Use this method: http://food52.com/blog... For an even better flavor, toast the flour separately in a dry pan until light brown before adding to the roux. I add a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce, too, as well as a good glug of cognac, and a touch of white wine. ;o)

Thank you!