🔕 🔔

Confused Rolled Turkey Breast Stuffed

Some Recipes say you stuff a rolled turkey breast with raw meat and some recipes say cooked & cooled. I don't know what to do, I would like to smear chorzio (uncooked) inside a flatten turkey breast then roll & tie & then smoke it (Big Green Egg) What to do??

asked by Nan almost 4 years ago

11a5dc99 9cd2 4f28 916e 5bee541e8aa7  400584 2795982053875 1473082837 n 1

I've seen recipes for chorizo-stuffed chicken breasts, and they all say to cook the chorizo first -- I'm thinking it would be the same thing with turkey breasts!

1159112d e9d2 47a5 aa03 ccf4491917f1  img 9977
cratecooking

Susan is a Recipe Tester for Food52

I make a turkey roulade every Thanksgiving, and you should always pre-cook any meat that is in the stuffing. It won't fully cook on it's own by just placing raw meat inside and then roasting the breast.