Confused Rolled Turkey Breast Stuffed

Some Recipes say you stuff a rolled turkey breast with raw meat and some recipes say cooked & cooled. I don't know what to do, I would like to smear chorzio (uncooked) inside a flatten turkey breast then roll & tie & then smoke it (Big Green Egg) What to do??

asked by Nan over 4 years ago

Brette Warshaw

I've seen recipes for chorizo-stuffed chicken breasts, and they all say to cook the chorizo first -- I'm thinking it would be the same thing with turkey breasts!

cratecooking
cratecooking

Susan is a Recipe Tester for Food52

I make a turkey roulade every Thanksgiving, and you should always pre-cook any meat that is in the stuffing. It won't fully cook on it's own by just placing raw meat inside and then roasting the breast.