🔕 🔔

cooling stock

I made homemade turkey stock. I was worried about how long it could sit out to cool before I put it in the fridge (and I didn't want to put it in the fridge still hot)so I transferred it to a different vessel and cooled it in an ice bath. I did this pretty quickly after it was done and it put it in the fridge as soon as it was cool to the touch. Does this sound ok?

I admit that I get a little worried about food safety and I've seen conflicting info on what to do. I know you are a knowledgeable bunch and would know if I did ok! Thank you!

asked by alygator almost 4 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

That sounds perfect, and very smart! Happy Thanksgiving!

Thank you!

That's exactly what my food safety class said you should do. Good job!!!!