cooling stock

I made homemade turkey stock. I was worried about how long it could sit out to cool before I put it in the fridge (and I didn't want to put it in the fridge still hot)so I transferred it to a different vessel and cooled it in an ice bath. I did this pretty quickly after it was done and it put it in the fridge as soon as it was cool to the touch. Does this sound ok?

I admit that I get a little worried about food safety and I've seen conflicting info on what to do. I know you are a knowledgeable bunch and would know if I did ok! Thank you!

asked by alygator over 4 years ago

That sounds perfect, and very smart! Happy Thanksgiving!

alygator

Thank you!

kimhw

That's exactly what my food safety class said you should do. Good job!!!!