Amanda's almond cake question

I've found the recipe several places online, NYT version calls for baking in 2 8" springform pans (I only have one) Orangette blog uses one 9" springform pan. I have one 8" and one 9". Should this be one layer or two?

asked by Dona over 4 years ago

It isn't meant to be layered. You could make it in either an 8" or 9". The height will be the difference but the baking time won;t change much. Check them 5 minutes earlier than the final baking time

Dona

Thanks!

It's best when done in a single cake in a 9-inch springform pan (or cake pan with a removable base, which is what I use).

Dona

That's what I'll do, thanks.