🔕 🔔

Amanda's almond cake question

I've found the recipe several places online, NYT version calls for baking in 2 8" springform pans (I only have one) Orangette blog uses one 9" springform pan. I have one 8" and one 9". Should this be one layer or two?

asked by Dona almost 4 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

It isn't meant to be layered. You could make it in either an 8" or 9". The height will be the difference but the baking time won;t change much. Check them 5 minutes earlier than the final baking time

D347253b 88e5 4ba1 ab1b 7b10260231b2  stringio

Thanks!

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

It's best when done in a single cake in a 9-inch springform pan (or cake pan with a removable base, which is what I use).

That's what I'll do, thanks.