Mission Accomplished

Just wanted to share Thanksgiving was a success, got up at 5:45AM ate breakfast, was able to pull off a miracle and do the whole meal by myself since my grandmother was out of town. Made her proud :)

asked by ZombieCupcake almost 5 years ago

Congratulations! I remember pulling it together at the last minute last year when we had to cancel an overseas trip.

Congratulations. I wish I could say the same. I attended a community dinner which I ordinarily cook for. I decided to step aside when they wouldn't let me cook a bird other than a turkey. The company was good but the food was terrible. I had offered to carve though. When I got to the kitchen Arlen the Zombie (not ZombieCupcake!) was demolishing it with an electric knife. And the moron carved the breast meat in the wrong direction and left the legs and thighs attached to the carcass!

Voted the Best Answer!

ZombieCupcake

That sounds awful. Maybe you could to a redo at your house with a duck breast and some friends bringing over sides :)

ZC, man that is exactly what I'll be doing the weekend!

Congrats!

Diana B
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

Pierino, if you'd like to travel south to Pasadena, I'll put together a group for you that (a) cooks better and (b) will let you do any damn thing you want.

Diana B, I'm definitely down with that. I used to live in Pasadena/Altadena and I love all the crazy Asian stuff in the San Gabriel Valley. I'm not sure how soon this can happen but keep me posted. I can take the train down too.