What could one use to replace the protein powder called for in this recipe for "coconut breakfast cookies"?

From the Whole Foods Market site: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/coconut-breakfast-cookies Thanks so much, everyone. ;o)

asked about 1 year ago

Here is what the recipe headnote suggests:

"If you like, you can replace the protein powder with 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal and a few drops of pure vanilla extract."

Sorry, CV didn't see your answer so duplicated it...

I think powdered dry milk should work. But I haven't tried this cookie recipe.

Did you see the headnote suggested a combo of flax-seed powder (easy to grind at home) and vanilla extract?
Or use some soy milk powder.