🔕 🔔

Roasted potatoes

I always make roasted potatoes in duck fat for Christmas. I am wondering if I can pre roast the potatoes the day before and then just heat them up in a hot oven? Would they be too greasy? Or discolour? I just want to make my day a little easier, and the potatoes usually make my dinner late!

Thank you in advance!

asked by Jennifer Elmslie almost 4 years ago

C9fe3f6c c3eb 473c 918e 88792bcc3a90  image

If you par-boil them the day before (I do them in chicken stock), you can finish them on the day. This cuts down your cooking time and results in a tasty soft interior.

Declan, thank you! I know this sounds ridiculous, but do you leave the potatoes in the broth overnight, or do you drain them and roast them from chilled. Also, how do you leep them from browning?

Drain them and cover with cling wrap. But be careful when par- boiling to not overdo it. The inside needs enough time in the oven to heat up

Thank you Declan!

My pleasure.