Our little rice cooker in a *new* red—but not for long! Shop now » details
Certain restrictions and exclusions apply. While supplies last.
🔕 🔔

if I serve turkey at room temp for Christmas, will that be ok. My oven can't fit everything in.

Small oven, 20 people. Need roast potatoes hot and crispy so can I serve turkey at room temp after cooking earlier and then putting roast potatoes in?

asked by Jude Bonner about 1 year ago

Sure, there is absolutely no problem with your strategy. The turkey will continue to cook when it is out of the oven, and it will have to time to reabsorb juices and be easier to carve if you let it stand. Then your oven is free to roast potatoes and heat or reheat other sides. It sounds like you have a good game plan.

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

Yes! In fact, I just had a conversation about exactly this the other day - having cooked 20+ Thanksgiving dinners, for groups ranging from 6 to 15 guests - and no matter how well I strategize timing, oven temps, space, etc. - by the time all else is warmed/cooked and the turkey is carved and served, it's never piping hot anyway. Serve it with hot gravy, on a heated platter if possible, and it will be fine. (Disclaimer: military precision on these matters isn't my forte - having a relaxed, delicious, convivial celebration is way more important to me than ideal turkey temp.)