Leftover roasted potatoes: not good.

Why do my leftover roasted potatoes taste amazing right out of the oven, and really disappointing for lunch the next day? Other roasted vegetables don't seem to change in the same way as potatoes do.

Also, what's a better way to prepare potatoes with leftovers in mind? (not counting mashed potatoes)

asked by linzarella over 6 years ago

Kristy Mucci
Kristy Mucci

Kristy is an expert at making things pretty and a former Associate Editor of Food52.

I sometimes boil potatoes so I can have them ready whenever I want them. Sliced up on salads, or eaten with aioli.

Mr_Vittles

Smash'em. Pan Fry'em in duck fat (or vegetable oil). Season heavily with salt and pepper. This is delicious.