The pie emoji is coming! Hear how we helped change history. »
🔕 🔔

Ham question....

I'm an experience cook but I rarely "do" ham. What's a good basic ham to get? Honey Baked? Costco imitation? Trader Joe's? I am open to suggestions. Thanks!

asked by Pat in SoCal over 3 years ago
72b8c92f c97c 49cf 8fc2 4b08462521f6  me

I am not a fan of honey baked hams they are just to sweet for me. Obviously it is a personal choice but I like a good smoked ham, and while not free range or organic Cooks hams seem to win overall taste tests all the time. It is also a pretty available ham and lots of groceries carry them.

714b34df 2d3a 43ee 9f6e 64da32383ccb  image

thanks...........I'll look for it.

Costco is supposed to be one of the best meat sourcers in the country. I've never had bad luck with their products. Trader Joe's and Whole Foods are probably equally concerned about the quality of product they offer.

If you're looking to support a small source, I've had good luck with Dakin hams:
http://www.dakinfarm.com