🔕 🔔

Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

Erik Lombardo's eggnog recipe (http://food52.com/recipes...) seems more balanced. Your variations sound promising too!

6c970ad5 6248 4b10 8290 29ba5fccadd2  dsc 0193
Erika Kotite

Erika is the founder of Toque magazine and is guiding us through classic cocktails from A to Z in the Booze52 series.

What about an eggnog smoothie? You could then blend in crushed ice, yogurt etc. which will diminish the sweetness but keep in the rich experience of the original! (I haven't actually tried this but I'm going to...)

120fa86a 7a24 4cc0 8ee1 a8d1ab14c725  me in munich with fish

Earl Grey sounds lovely! Even a chai tea concentrate would give eggnog a great deal more depth.

Mexican eggnog called rompope... must use Mexican cinnamon and Mexican pure vanilla extract. easy to get online.

What about making a Tom and Jerry? See http://www.americanfoodroots...
Or perhaps experiment, replacing some of the cream with almond milk or coconut milk.

or you could make it with whole milk, no cream... I might sub out rice milk for some of the cream (because I REALLY like eggnog when the cream is whipped and folded in).

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

I actually really liked the result when I spiked my diet A&W Root Beer with eggnog!- very similar to my root beer float with rum raisin ice cream!