🔕 🔔

Infusing Vegan "cream" with flavor

I am making a Cashew Cream as part of a dessert for a Modern Jewish Cooking class (in order to keep to Kosher laws)- And I am thinking of using a tea in place of the hot water used to soak the cashews- wondering if anyone has ever done the same and if there are any suggestions.

asked by Aliwaks about 2 years ago

D0abaf68 a3aa 4105 a15a 732c3fd0d9ee  186158

hi aliwaks! i've never done this with cashew cream, but i have done this with dairy cream! i don't see why it wouldn't work for cashew as well.

3a07161a c04e 4fa1 b28d 18a97a109314  img 7662

I have as well, thats how I got the idea, I'm not sure if there is a technique that would work better

You can certainly try it, but I'd plan on having more tea on hand to add to the cream when you blend it in case the flavor from soaking the cashews in tea is too subtle.