Infusing Vegan "cream" with flavor

I am making a Cashew Cream as part of a dessert for a Modern Jewish Cooking class (in order to keep to Kosher laws)- And I am thinking of using a tea in place of the hot water used to soak the cashews- wondering if anyone has ever done the same and if there are any suggestions.

asked by Aliwaks about 3 years ago

Caroline Lange

hi aliwaks! i've never done this with cashew cream, but i have done this with dairy cream! i don't see why it wouldn't work for cashew as well.

Aliwaks

I have as well, thats how I got the idea, I'm not sure if there is a technique that would work better

jilhil

You can certainly try it, but I'd plan on having more tea on hand to add to the cream when you blend it in case the flavor from soaking the cashews in tea is too subtle.