🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Fuyu Persimmon and Cranberry Tarte Tatin

4fdcd01f 9b04 4da2 a7d5 7367bb6a1509  persimmon and crendberry tarte

I have a question about the recipe "Fuyu Persimmon and Cranberry Tarte Tatin" from Kukla. I have to avoid alcohol (even cooked) for this crowd. what about soaking the cranberries in apple cider or orange juice w a little lemon juice?

asked by Rebecca Cherry almost 4 years ago

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

I think your idea of orange juice with a bit of lemon would be great.

Apple cider or OJ should work fine, since it's only a tablespoon. You could also try sweetened dried cranberries instead of unsweetened dried.

6d27ed66 3efc 476c 8bdc 3930a0b56d46  img 0001

I did lime juice and warm water. perfect! the cranberries softened up just fine and stayed tart.