🔕 🔔

Really stumped! This is my third try at a Food52 pick, "Grown Up Birthday Cake". Each time the cake is full of air bubbles, despite mixing (f

All ingredients room temp. Again, I see the batter forming bubbles. Dropping on the counter pops them, quickly to form more. What can I be doing wrong. The wine used is a Chardonnay.

asked by Chef Lisa almost 4 years ago

5e9c0b8f c9a0 4744 abd2 1def5bbeaeca  1380644 562697560462865 988341931 n

That is, folding by hand as not to over-mix.

A218682b 97c5 4f05 9777 eab8d4f87a6c  2016 03 27 11 08 22

Not sure it will make difference. Have u tried different wine? I use sauvignon Blanc (don't like Chardonnay). I also only tap a few times then put in oven.