Recommend glass measuring cups

I own Pyrex glass measuring cups, been using them for years. The only thing I don't like is liquid sometimes pours down the side of the cup instead of the desired bowl. Anyone have recommendations for new glass cups?

asked by Mo3b over 4 years ago

LE BEC FIN

no, pyrex is my choice. sturdy, easy to read colored enamel markings.

Pyrex changed their formula for their classic cups---when is a matter of debate; maybe in the 80's.
The 'new' formula has some shatter problems reported.
http://consumerist.com...
If you have a grandma set of pyrex. keep them.

Trena Heinrich
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

I agree with LBF and Sam, Pyrex all the way. If I'm understanding your issue with the Pyrex measuring cups correctly, one way of remedying the problem you describe is by pouring more slowly. I was having the same problem until my husband who moves much more slowly in the kitchen than I do showed me that I was pouring the liquid too quickly. Best of luck!

Some study explained that humans have a tendency to tilt their pouring hand to the left or right. Even in small degrees, this causes things to spill rather than pour out of the spout. Try it (i.e., paying attention to your hand tilt). It's amazing.

Mo3b

Pyrex wasn't a hand-me-down but have been with me a long time. Eye opening comments re: tilting hand & going to fast. Gonna slow down & check hands as I pour. Thnks :)