Looking for Minestrone recipe that contains red wine.

I made this soup many years ago from a recipe found in a magazine but lost it! It was so good I would like to find it again.

• Posted by: Martha
  • January 10, 2014

Martha January 11, 2014
Thanks a million for the help! I was able to find several recipes and 1 is very similar to what I remember. Wonderful site! ?

Trena H. January 10, 2014
Martha - here's a link to a minestrone soup recipe with red wine http://food52.com/recipes/4656-minestrone-soup

UhOhSarah January 10, 2014
I love that recipe Trena posted - it's a staple of mine. Very easy and delicious.

AntoniaJames January 10, 2014
I'd start at foodily.com to search those two terms. That site captures recipes from epicurious.com, other aggregators, newspapers and many of the large food-media company sites. Or, actually, I'd just follow any good minestrone recipe, using the wine to deglaze the aromatics, before adding the stock and hard vegetables. (That's what I do with my "Lentil and Sausage Soup for a Cold Winter's Night" posted here. A hefty pinch of dried marjoram would make any minestrone better, too, BTW.) ;o)

pierino January 10, 2014
If you insist on using red wine (a dubious proposition to begin with when making minestrone) I would follow AJ's advice and cook it down in the aromatics.

LE B. January 10, 2014
just wondering- have you tried googling 'minestrone and red wine' ?