🔕 🔔

Looking for Minestrone recipe that contains red wine.

I made this soup many years ago from a recipe found in a magazine but lost it! It was so good I would like to find it again.

asked by Martha over 3 years ago

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

just wondering- have you tried googling 'minestrone and red wine' ?

I'd start at foodily.com to search those two terms. That site captures recipes from epicurious.com, other aggregators, newspapers and many of the large food-media company sites. Or, actually, I'd just follow any good minestrone recipe, using the wine to deglaze the aromatics, before adding the stock and hard vegetables. (That's what I do with my "Lentil and Sausage Soup for a Cold Winter's Night" posted here. A hefty pinch of dried marjoram would make any minestrone better, too, BTW.) ;o)

If you insist on using red wine (a dubious proposition to begin with when making minestrone) I would follow AJ's advice and cook it down in the aromatics.

68de587a 1415 4682 863f 6f7a5c5c1744  dsc 0013
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

Martha - here's a link to a minestrone soup recipe with red wine http://food52.com/recipes...

A0d1fd35 3662 4b6f ad04 e8e728296db7  4453 784693455869 8182922 n

I love that recipe Trena posted - it's a staple of mine. Very easy and delicious.

Thanks a million for the help! I was able to find several recipes and 1 is very similar to what I remember. Wonderful site! ?