Looking for Minestrone recipe that contains red wine.

I made this soup many years ago from a recipe found in a magazine but lost it! It was so good I would like to find it again.

asked by Martha over 4 years ago

LE BEC FIN

just wondering- have you tried googling 'minestrone and red wine' ?

I'd start at foodily.com to search those two terms. That site captures recipes from epicurious.com, other aggregators, newspapers and many of the large food-media company sites. Or, actually, I'd just follow any good minestrone recipe, using the wine to deglaze the aromatics, before adding the stock and hard vegetables. (That's what I do with my "Lentil and Sausage Soup for a Cold Winter's Night" posted here. A hefty pinch of dried marjoram would make any minestrone better, too, BTW.) ;o)

If you insist on using red wine (a dubious proposition to begin with when making minestrone) I would follow AJ's advice and cook it down in the aromatics.

Trena Heinrich
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

Martha - here's a link to a minestrone soup recipe with red wine http://food52.com/recipes...

UhOhSarah

I love that recipe Trena posted - it's a staple of mine. Very easy and delicious.

Martha

Thanks a million for the help! I was able to find several recipes and 1 is very similar to what I remember. Wonderful site! ?