🔕 🔔

Oatmeal-Butter-Chocolate Sprill Refrigerator Cookies?

When I took Home-Ec in 9th grade, a few years ago, the teacher gave us a recipe I loved, kept for a long while and have somehow lost. It involved oatmeal, butter, other ingredients? mixed together, rolled in chocolate sprills, wrapped in wax paper, chilled, sliced and baked. If I were to do it now, I'd substitute shaved dark choco for the sprills. As I remember, the oatmeal and butter (and maybe some suguar? confectioners sugar?) made a wonderful raw mix to lick off a spoon. Anyone have this?

asked by Nora over 6 years ago

693453b7 7e84 4b19 b610 d1ec77bbc42d  halloween

like these: http://allrecipes.com... (the recipe, not the picture).

and I think the dark chocolate shavings or maybe even cocoa nibs would be a wonderful change! :)

Fff96a46 7810 4f5c a452 83604ac1e363  dsc03010

You'd do well to make a small test log to see how well the chocolate shavings hold up during baking. Naked chocolate doesn't hold up well to the high heat of an oven; it's usually dressed in layers of flour, sugar and fat to protect it.

Here's a slice and bake recipe that uses confectioners sugar in the dough. It calls for vanilla and almond extract, but you can use only vanilla if you want. It doesn't say anything about sprinkles, but you can add them once you ger the log formed http://www.cooks.com/rec...

Lets see if this one will take you to the recipe!
http://www.cooks.com/rec...

Sorry! You'll have to cut and paste with all the digits after the address.

Fc23ea4b 9ae1 494e 8a6f ba43f6488062  me by barbara tyroler

Iuzzini, I think you found it for me! Thanks!

yay!! I hope they are as wonderful as you remember. :)