Oatmeal-Butter-Chocolate Sprill Refrigerator Cookies?

When I took Home-Ec in 9th grade, a few years ago, the teacher gave us a recipe I loved, kept for a long while and have somehow lost. It involved oatmeal, butter, other ingredients? mixed together, rolled in chocolate sprills, wrapped in wax paper, chilled, sliced and baked. If I were to do it now, I'd substitute shaved dark choco for the sprills. As I remember, the oatmeal and butter (and maybe some suguar? confectioners sugar?) made a wonderful raw mix to lick off a spoon. Anyone have this?

asked by Nora almost 8 years ago

iuzzini

like these: http://allrecipes.com... (the recipe, not the picture).

iuzzini

and I think the dark chocolate shavings or maybe even cocoa nibs would be a wonderful change! :)

betteirene

You'd do well to make a small test log to see how well the chocolate shavings hold up during baking. Naked chocolate doesn't hold up well to the high heat of an oven; it's usually dressed in layers of flour, sugar and fat to protect it.

Soozll

Here's a slice and bake recipe that uses confectioners sugar in the dough. It calls for vanilla and almond extract, but you can use only vanilla if you want. It doesn't say anything about sprinkles, but you can add them once you ger the log formed http://www.cooks.com/rec...

Soozll

Lets see if this one will take you to the recipe!
http://www.cooks.com/rec...

Soozll

Sorry! You'll have to cut and paste with all the digits after the address.

Nora

Iuzzini, I think you found it for me! Thanks!

iuzzini

yay!! I hope they are as wonderful as you remember. :)