What is the Canadian equivalent of pot roast?

  • Posted by: Ted
  • January 19, 2014


Sherlock T. December 1, 2020
Thank you for asking, because it's surprisingly had to find this information. I think what Americans call Chuck Roast (best for pot roast), we call Blade Roast. But I would love for someone to correct me if that's not correct. Certainly in Southern Ontario there's no such thing as a chuck roast in stores.
GiGi26 January 19, 2014
I think you are asking for the names of cuts of meat used for Pot Roast in Canada; am I correct? If so, Cross Rib, Top Blade or Bottom Blade would be some, actually any cut from the chuck or rib portion of beef will work nicely. I hope this helps.
bigpan January 19, 2014
Ummmm, the answer is: pot roast.

(you might like to call it Canadian Pot Roast but is the same thing, cooked the same way - just like you can't buy Canadian Bacon in Canada...it's called back bacon.)
Recommended by Food52