🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Spinach Borani (Borani 'ye Esfenaj) | A Dish Fit for a Persian Queen

3539c4a6 de34 42e8 a83d f29352a73d12  2b borani spinach esfenaj persian iranian food vegetarian epinard yogurt cuisine perse

I have a question about the recipe "Spinach Borani (Borani 'ye Esfenaj) | A Dish Fit for a Persian Queen" from Fig and Quince. This dish sounds lovely, I'm a bit confused by the order of the steps. It appears that SThis dish sounds lovely but the steps are confusing. Should Step 7 be right after step 2?

asked by arcane54 almost 4 years ago

Well, posted my fist question on the Hotline using the Questions tab, didn't work out very well, did it? Simply put - Step 7 refers to chopping the drained spinach, but it's the last step. Should it come after Step 2?

FIRST question... sheesh.

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

hi arcane, yes, you are exactly right. After the spinach has been smushed dry, it should then be chopped, before fllowing the garlic into the pan. Alot of recipe chefs don't check the hotline so what i try to do when i notice an error like this (also there are always new 52 members just learning the ropes): i email the chef via the envelope symbol on their member profile page, and hopefully she can edit the directions before the Greens contest closes. I'll contact her now. The dish sounds so lovely! Figandquince is really quite the talent!

Cc712a55 9979 4db8 af74 32dd095533f2  azi

Arcane54, thank you for pointing out the confusion! Looks like I made an error when inputting the directions. I just edited the recipe and fixed it. Grateful to Le Bec Fin (thank you) for both answering your question and also alerting me to the problem.

Thank you Figandquince for the clarification and to LE BEC FIN for the lesson on reaching authors. Always a beginner!