🔕 🔔

Anyone have a great homemade tomato sauce recipe for pasta dishes? Sauce that an Italian family would love!

asked by Michee almost 6 years ago

I like the sauce recipe from the Bsbbo cookbook. 2 28oz cans tomato
Garlic
Spanish onion
Thyme
1/2 carrot shredded
Cooked down to a thick consistency

Thank you!

This is actually my pizza recipe but the sauce I use is the mother of all Italian tomato sauces http://www.food52.com/recipes...

Please don't get too fancy. That said a very cool technique I stole is to tie up fresh basil in cheese cloth like a bouquet garnie and poach that little pouch in the sauce whilst it's cooking. The basil flavor spreads through the sauce.

Thank you!