I'm doing a whole beef tenderloin but do not want to sear it on the stovetop first. Is there a good mustard rubbed recipe out the.

We like it rare to med-rare

asked by Pamela731 almost 5 years ago

LE BEC FIN

To liberal amount of dijon, add minced garlic, splash of red wine vinegar, S&P,dried thyme. a few cracked bay leaves, rub in and coat whole roast.let sit 1 day. google or do 52 Search for temp and timing.

Declan

What's with the no-sear thing? It's a key part if the process.

bigpan

Plenty of recipes on the internet, or this site. But remember, that bright yellow stuff called Fr-nch's is not mustard. Buy a nice Dijon, smooth or grainy. Smooth will be hotter than grainy. Consider mixing two different mustards together...grainy for the texture and a hot English Coleman for heat.