beef tenderloin for Easter: some like it med-rare, some do not.

We're having 10 for Easter dinner and my in-laws don't like rare or even med-rare beef (I know, I know). Other of our guests like it a nice pink or even a bit rare. I'm serving a beef tenderloin with a mustard crust and not sure how to get enough for 5 that is med-well and for 5 that is med-rare. Two different like-size pieces cooked for different times? Any hints?

asked by rlucido over 7 years ago

I'd definitely recommend cooking two like-size pieces for different times -- otherwise it's too risky and will be stressful. It's nice of you to accommodate everyone, so why not take the easier path to make it work! Happy Easter.

The $1.89 Lunch Our Editor-in-Chief Swears By

Chickpeas to the Rescue

Curried Chickpea Sandwich

You can count the ingredients on one hand.

Simplest Homemade Doughnuts

Meatballs lend comfort on one family's journey from Mexico.

My Family Recipe: Mexican Meatballs

What's New in the Neighborhood

From weeknight favorites to regional classics.

12 Essential Italian Cookbooks