Chef Falkner's Nougat Recipe

Looking for a nougat recipe by Elizabeth Falkner from a magazine (not in Demolition Desserts) that required rice crispies. Made it once and now I can't find it! It would probably be three years old... I'm thinking it was from Bon Appetit. Thanks!!

LE BEC FIN
LE BEC FIN January 26, 2014

have you tried a google search yet? sounds like you have enough i.d.'s to track it down pretty easily.

Amanda Hesser January 26, 2014

I just Googled it and was not able to find it, so hopefully someone who knows it will weigh in.

cookbookchick
cookbookchick January 26, 2014

I spent some time Googling, too -- no luck. I also looked at Bon Appetit online and found nothing.

FutureChef
FutureChef January 26, 2014

In case this drives anyone else crazy in the future, I caved; I asked my mom, thereby justifying her (recipe) hoarding behavior. It was disguised, referred to as "crunch". Warning: it's addictive-- and if you intend to make the cake it's intended for, make extra crunch for 'quality control'. http://www.bonappetit.com...

LE BEC FIN
LE BEC FIN January 27, 2014

futurechef, this recipe looks great, wicked complicated but great. I wanted to share a few thoughts. I don't know why liz says 'this can be made i day in advance' all the time; you can make many of those steps weeks in advance i.e.
* praline- just keep in airtight container, otherwise moisture makes it go soft. (Remember to not try and work with meringue on a high humidity/rainy day.)
* Cake could be made and frozen; or refrigerated, well wrapped, for about 5 or more days w/o beginning to dry out.
*other components also could be done a few days in advance .
You can also crumble that crunch and sprinkle it on top of things buttercream icing.

Greenstuff January 26, 2014

Ask-a-mom is often better than Google! Tell her she should put her skills to work here on the Hotline.