Pan issues

I'm trying to make a recipe that is supposed to be in a 9x11 pan. If I half the recipe do you think it will fit in an 8x8 pan? The recipe is a dessert-it's similar to a rice crispy treat-but uses different mix-ins and cereals.

asked by skittle over 6 years ago

can't see why it wouldn't work. doesn't sound like you will be baking the dessert.

sorry forgot to add that the dessert might be on the thin side, because area of original is 9x11 = 99. So half of this area is going to be ~50 sq in. 8x8 = 64. It will work, but it will be somewhat thinner.

Do you have an 8-inch round pan? It's close to perfect for halving a 9 by 11. (whereas 8-inch square is close to perfect for halving a 9 by 13)

skittle

I do have a round pan! I'll use that! Thank you. You guys are great!