🔕 🔔

vegan bearnaise

38b5b524 24ca 456c 8c0f 71938750734d  dsc 6784

Like the classic steak and bearnaise, however looking to use some tarragon with a butter & yolk substitute. Any suggestions?

asked by Lauren's Plate over 3 years ago

Bb8eebca 137f 4c7a b30f f248fff3f3af  recentpic

Cauliflower steamed in a bit of plain almond milk, is one way I have made a vegan type Hollandaise. I used an orange colored cauliflower I found at the farmers market...but if you can't find one a pinch or two of turmeric gives it a nice egg yolk color, I used a bit of earth balance "butter" whisked in at the end. Just blend your cooked cauliflower and almond milk with your "butter" in a blender or I used an immersion blender, it emulsifies well and look spot on for the full fat original! Cheers! Happy cooking!

6ac9976f 6ab0 4eb5 b7d2 7a4eb4866d07  page 1

Very creative...I like that and will soon try.

This is the cauliflower "steak" oscar I made using this method.

33b7c619 6219 4703 b1a1 334c4f711da0  img 5016