vegan bearnaise

38b5b524 24ca 456c 8c0f 71938750734d  dsc 6784

Like the classic steak and bearnaise, however looking to use some tarragon with a butter & yolk substitute. Any suggestions?

asked by Lauren's Plate over 4 years ago

Alexandra V. Jones

Cauliflower steamed in a bit of plain almond milk, is one way I have made a vegan type Hollandaise. I used an orange colored cauliflower I found at the farmers market...but if you can't find one a pinch or two of turmeric gives it a nice egg yolk color, I used a bit of earth balance "butter" whisked in at the end. Just blend your cooked cauliflower and almond milk with your "butter" in a blender or I used an immersion blender, it emulsifies well and look spot on for the full fat original! Cheers! Happy cooking!

Lauren's Plate

Very creative...I like that and will soon try.

Alexandra V. Jones

This is the cauliflower "steak" oscar I made using this method.