Your personal shoppers, leaving home not required. Shop gift guides »
🔕 🔔

What would you do with 1/2 gallon pre-made chocolate milk?

I recently took home 1/2 a gallon of chocolate milk (2% milk, sugar, chocolate, some thickeners, vitamins). It's not my favorite type of thing but I thought it would be easy to make some sort of fudgesicles or a pudding with some quick modifications, but this is still a lot of liquid! I can't imagine just drinking it all (hot or cold...I doubt I'll get through it all myself). Ideas for working it into a dessert (or a few?)

asked by Raquelita almost 3 years ago
0e5c2b73 3f18 46e4 95c9 cbc8af359f65  sadie crop
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

It should freeze, if you wanted to parcel it into smaller containers. I drink the stuff, so that's what I'd do with it, but if you take milk in your coffee, that would be one thing I suggest. I almost never have milk or cream in the fridge, so when I have dinner guests who want coffee after the meal, that's what I provide. Some look askance the first time, but they always seem very pleasantly surprised at what it does for coffee.

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

milk freezes just fine. so, maybe this sounds 'Duh' but use it for any dessert that uses milk? pudding, flan,Indian ras malai,for cooking brkfst oatmeal...
You could also reduce it so it becomes more like light cream. Maybe you could make chocolate ricotta with it for a pie or strudel filling...

You could try a chocolate Tres Leches cake!