Root Beer Schnapps

I bought a bottle of root beer schnapps for a cake recipe, which was delicious, but now I have a bottle of root beer schnapps and am not sure what to do with it. I enjoy the occasional root beer, but schnapps is just way to sweet for me. Any clever ideas are greatly appreciated.

asked by petitbleu over 4 years ago

petitbleu

Wow, sorry for posting that three times. I guess hitting "enter" as you put in tags is a no go.

Meaghan F

Don't worry, you're not the first to multipost!! Hmmm... I can see this being a good addition to ginger snaps or spice cake or something. My first thought, though, was to make "grown-up" Popsicles or water ice with it.

petitbleu

Ooh, spice cake sounds nice. Thanks for the suggestions!

ZombieCupcake

Add seltzer water to calm down the sweetness and whipped cream or could do some spare ribs for the superbowl?

petitbleu

I like the savory idea! I know that some brisket recipes use Coca Cola, so maybe I could go that route.

I was about to say short ribs or brisket. Or even pork shoulder.

rt21

How about root beer truffles and root beer ice cream