🔕 🔔

just made beer-braised beef with smashed potatoes for dinner, http://bit.ly/fm3hn1, and I have 3 cups of the braising liquid.

Should I save it or toss it. It seems like such a waste but not sure if it is something I can use in another recipe!
Thanks in advance...

asked by Lucia from Madison over 6 years ago

I suppose it would be a good base to make a Belgian beef stew, but I suppose you won't be in the mood for that yet. Make and freeze? How beery tasting is it? Could it be a base for mushroom barley soup?

I'd absolutely keep it and freeze it! It would be a wonderful base for many soups - experiment!

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

Save it and use it as an au jus base; reduce add some beef stock crystals if needed for flavor and a touch of cornstarch in water to thicken while heating.

If you have leftover beef, make french dip sandwiches. If not...Boars Head "London Port" roast beef is widely available at supermarkets and very good in french dip.

4de32233 9b14 42ac bf6a 7a02a8474e54  dsc 0034

oh, yes, definitely save it! reduce it down until it's thickened and drizzle it on other cooked meats, leftover potatoes. i especially love these kind of braised meaty sauces on mushrooms!

27deb974 3b33 4f19 b966 dc79321a31b1  photo for web

Love the Boar's Head suggestion! Okay I will save it!
thanks guys!