Can I use the Barbara Kafka roast chicken recipe to cook a 2.5 pound chicken?

Hi. I'm currently using the recipe from this site. The original recipe states a 5-6 pound chicken cooked for 50-60 minutes at 450 degrees for convection ovens. My chicken is 2.5 pounds. So... would 25 minutes work?

asked by leeso over 4 years ago

leeso

Cooked chicken at 450 degrees in convection oven for 25 minutes. Lowered temp to 300 degrees and cooked 20 minutes more. When I took it out of the oven, I left foil on for 15 minutes. It worked perfectly.

Stephanie

Did you have foil on it while cooking?..

leeso

No. I actually found that it didn't crisp and brown as dark as I thought it would (like the picture) but it was still good.