Do you cook a rack of veal in a hot 425 oven for 25 minutes or 325 for 30 minutes per pound? 5 lb roast

asked by Sseaton over 6 years ago

It's a good idea to sear the rack on the top of the stove before putting it into the oven. I recommend a lower oven temperature, as the meat is delicate -- I'd go for 350 degrees, which should take roughly 10 minutes per pound for medium-rare. Remember to let the roast rest for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.

bigpan

Use a thermometer ! Veal has little fat. You can ask your butcher for some fat slices to wrap it in, or a few strips of bacon. I lean towards a higher heat for shorter time due to the minimal fat in the meat.