I made really delicious cookie dough that does not turn into delicious cookies. What other things can I do with the dough?

The dough is brown butter chocolate chip and it has been resting for a day or two.
(Based on the results, I suspect I used baking powder by accident.)

asked by lisa almost 5 years ago

ZombieCupcake

Homemade chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream?

LE BEC FIN

lisa, help us help you-- what is wrong with the dough when you bake a cookie? is it acid tasting? crumbly? what? and can you link the recipe plse?

lisa

This is the recipe:
http://www.seriouseats...

The only changes I made was that I substitutes 2 tbsp of brown sugar for palm sugar. The result was a deep carmel flavour. The texture when baking is crispy on the edges, soft in the middle but too flat. I tried raising the temp and making smaller cookies. Also, the fact that I likely used baking soda instead of powder.

What's wrong with the cookies? Taste? Texture? More details would help us help you.

Chef Jason Lee

If possible make thin sheets of dough on large cookie sheet one solid sheet. Cut into rectangles and stack alternating layers with fruit and pastry cream. Drizzle with dark chocolate

lisa

What temp would you suggest baking at to make sure the middle is done before the edges burn?

I would chill the dough very well (8 hours to overnight) and make balls of the dough. Don't flatten them before baking.

LE BEC FIN

You might consider making the dough into a pie crust, baking it and filling w/ ice cream and a choc ganache layer for frozen Ice Cream Pie. You could also pat it down into a 1/3 inch thick layer in a 9x13 (or other) baking pan; bake it and fill w/ various bar cookie recipes (or spread out the dough, fill and bake all at one time-- depends on the recipe you like.)

lisa

That is a great idea! You are one smart cookie.