🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Almost Flourless Chocolate Cake with Meyer Lemon Whipped Cream

2ca7d712 52ba 4eb8 a6e4 df66124b5dfa  untitled 82 of 119 4

I have a question about the recipe "Almost Flourless Chocolate Cake with Meyer Lemon Whipped Cream " from Kenzi Wilbur . Very good but didn't rise. Recommendations?

asked by Vic almost 4 years ago

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

flourless cakes have almost no flour, so they don't rise much. yours looks like it should imo. You might want to do a 52 Search under Recipes for "flourless" and also do google image for same- so you can see how they look.

I'm not a big fan of slouching, dense cakes. If I were ever to make a cake like this, I'd separate the eggs and fold in the stiffly beaten whites at the end. (In fact, I'll be posting the recipe for such a cake in the next month or so.) I realize that some would say I totally miss the point -- people expect and want flourless cakes to be dense and fudgy, and frankly, a flourless chocolate cake ultimately is sort of like fudge, baked -- so I couldn't disagree. ;o)