A question about a recipe: Almost Flourless Chocolate Cake with Meyer Lemon Whipped Cream

2ca7d712 52ba 4eb8 a6e4 df66124b5dfa  untitled 82 of 119 4

I have a question about the recipe "Almost Flourless Chocolate Cake with Meyer Lemon Whipped Cream " from Kenzi Wilbur . Could I substitute almond or coconut flour for the all purpose type?

asked by Penny Ewert over 4 years ago

Denise Bushnell

I have made almost flourless chocolate tortes substituting rice flour with good results, I would think coconut flour would also work.

Penny Ewert

Thank you

Christine

Be careful, it absorbs considerable more liquid than other flours, so you'll need more fluids...there is no hard and fast rule that I've learned of, but maybe just add some extra milk/egg/water (don't know the recipe)until it looks right....the other rule of thumb is use a combo of rice flour 70% and coconut flour 30%...that will work

former Community Editor

In the comments of the post, Molly Wizenberg said that you can use a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa instead of the flour.