Yellow curry pasta sauce

I want to duplicate a yellow curry sauce I had with veggies and fettuccine in an Italian restaurant. I can't really find curry sauce pasta recipes online. I bought yellow curry powder, but now I'm wondering if I should have gotten paste. Anyone have any ideas or experience with curry for non-Asian recipes?

asked by mbt over 4 years ago

Chef_BZ

Hi mbt, I like to use yellow curry in lots of recipes, Asian-inspired or otherwise. My suggestion would be to add the curry to an Alfredo sauce with some ginger and black pepper. Or even better yet, to construct a cauliflower sauce to imitate the cheesy alfredo. It can be delicious with or without parmesan cheese. And the cauliflower base could also be used as a base for a gourmet pizza or creamy risotto too. Good luck...i'm getting hungry!

From the 100 Ways to be Pasta by Wanda Tornabene, there's a tuna curry pasta dish that is made by melting butter and gently cooking curry powder and red pepper flakes, then adding the tuna. I thinking you could substitute vegetables for the tuna. It's an amazing dish. Warning though, it uses like a stick of butter for a pound of pasta since the sauce is really the butter. I've cut the butter down to half a stick (1/4 cup)and it's still really good.

I don't know off hand, but I'd research recipes from Venice/the Veneto - since Venice was once a major port for the spice trade from the east, there are Venetian recipes that use more "exotic" spices (like curry) than are typically found in Italian cooking.

mbt
mbt

Thanks for help everyone. I made it last night and it was sooo delicious. Even better than then $25 dish at the fancy restaurant. I used veg
broth, onion, garlic, coconut cream, a little butter, yellow curry powder, cumin for sauce, flour to thicken, shriacha for spice. Simmered that while I stirfried broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, zucchini, asparagus. When veggies were done, I used the same pot to cook fresh fettuccini (the expensive stuff from the grocery store.) To serve I put noodles in a bowl, veggies next and then curry sauce laddeled over that. I finished with a drizzle of balsamic conifer and all oil infused with Italian herbs and topped with fresh shredded parm. Served with rosemary
Bread. Soooooo yummy. Serves 4!! I'm so
proud of myself, since I kind of made it up!

LE BEC FIN

yay mbt! now that you've had that success, hope you'll keeo creating.Some things work and some don't, but the more you cook different dishes, the more exposure you will gain to various ingredients and the better cook you will be!exciting, eh?!