What salad to pair with Choucroute Garnie (Sauerkraut, smoked pork and bratwurst braised in wine and chicken stock)

Friend asked me to bring the salad. Any ideas other than cole slaw? Thanks in advance!

asked by SKK almost 5 years ago

nancy essig

A simple salad of finely sliced cucumbers,white wine vinigar and oil. S&P, maybe a touch of herb. Lovely

rachelRS

Mache, watercress and flat-leaf parsley tossed with chopped shallots, olive oil, red wine vinegar, flakey salt, cracked pepper, and Dijon mustard. Bon App!

Perhaps a shredded red cabbage & carrot salad with fresh herbs.

p.s. You could add a handful of roughly chopped arugula, endive or kale for a splash and taste of green. While the potatoes are hot, they'll wilt the greens (in a good way).