Ebelskivers

Can you make filled ebelskivers in muffin tins? Or do you need the special pan? If you can use muffin tins, what technique would you use? I am thinking of making the lemon mascarpone filled ones.

asked by Christina over 4 years ago

bigpan

The secret to the ebelskiver pan is the wells are round. That allows you to flip the over easily when the bottom is done. (I use a toothpick).
Muffin tins have flat bottoms which mean it is difficult to flip and if the are not round they are not ebelskivers !
Our pan is cast iron, seasoned correctly as it has been used for over 50 years . Therefore buying the right pan will last and last.
Also, you can experiment with different recipes. One of our favorites is a Japanese recipe where they are filled with octopus ! Delicious.

CarlaCooks

If you ever visit Denmark, you can find a used cast iron æbleskiver pan for under $10! I know that doesn't help you now, though.

If you are on Amazon Prime you can have a non-stick one delivered almost by the time you click "submit order" - it's a specialty pan be we love ours!