Our NYC Holiday Market is open (!!!) for the weekend. Come on by »
🔕 🔔

Ebelskivers

Can you make filled ebelskivers in muffin tins? Or do you need the special pan? If you can use muffin tins, what technique would you use? I am thinking of making the lemon mascarpone filled ones.

asked by Christina almost 3 years ago
516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

The secret to the ebelskiver pan is the wells are round. That allows you to flip the over easily when the bottom is done. (I use a toothpick).
Muffin tins have flat bottoms which mean it is difficult to flip and if the are not round they are not ebelskivers !
Our pan is cast iron, seasoned correctly as it has been used for over 50 years . Therefore buying the right pan will last and last.
Also, you can experiment with different recipes. One of our favorites is a Japanese recipe where they are filled with octopus ! Delicious.

69d2403d 88f4 4b72 b0b9 84a21f4d0561  img 1445

If you ever visit Denmark, you can find a used cast iron æbleskiver pan for under $10! I know that doesn't help you now, though.

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

If you are on Amazon Prime you can have a non-stick one delivered almost by the time you click "submit order" - it's a specialty pan be we love ours!