A question about a recipe: Socca (Farinata)

9a347620 dd28 40a2 8484 3ce45c2a2789  2014 0225 gena socca 001

I have a question about the recipe "Socca (Farinata)" from Gena Hamshaw. How "thick" should the batter be? When I make this it crumbles and falls apart...

asked by crazeekanuk over 4 years ago

cph
cph

You might have a couple of things going on. Get yourself a handy-dandy oven thermometer. Your oven might be too hot. Otherwise you just need more fat. If you find that your batter is too thick and need to add more water, add a little bit more olive oil too. The water evaporates quickly, the olive oil will hold more moisture in your finished product.

klrcon

Mine's usually as thick as heavy cream, especially after it rests, which is important.