Going to Seattle with my husband and four kids. Where should we eat?

Help! I would love to hear from some locals. We don't eat out often so this special. My kids aren't picky eaters. Any suggestions?

• Posted by: KimmyV
  • March 12, 2014

chl0525
chl0525 March 12, 2014

There's a pierogi place across the street from the market, that makes a great light lunch or snack. Big O and Top Pot Doughnuts are fantastic. We went over spring break 2 years ago (we live in Kansas City). It rained pretty much the whole time but we had a ton of fun anyway. You might also check Yelp.com for suggestions. Enjoy your trip!

jilhil
jilhil March 12, 2014

For fun (decent but not extraordinary food) try the Pink Door in the Market for dinner. The kids will love the trapeze show.

pierino March 12, 2014

All of the Tom Douglas restaurants are great; Lola for example. Lunch only but near Pioneer Square, Salumi is great. It's operated by Mario Batali's dad, Armandino. He cures salumi in the back. I will politely disagree with the Yelp suggestion. I don't trust crowd sourced reviews, and Yelp in particular.

SKK March 12, 2014

Yes to all of Tom Douglas' restaurants. Ray's Boathouse is a Seattle stand by. Eat upstairs and you have a view of the Sound and all the boats coming to and from the Ballard Locks. Open for lunch through dinner.

dinner at ten
dinner at ten March 12, 2014

Tamarind Tree (in the International District) makes spectacular Vietnamese food.

lisina
lisina March 12, 2014

the whale wins. it's a little off the beaten path, but SO worth it. definitely the best meal i had it 2013, and that is saying a lot!

Marin Trinity
Marin Trinity March 12, 2014

You should go to Delancy!! Molly Wizenberg and her husband run the restaurant and make amazing pizza!

SeaJambon
SeaJambon March 12, 2014

Agree with above -- and you might want to check out this list (which I also agree with): http://www.usatoday.com/story/experience/weekend/seattle/2014/03/10/10-best-foodie-spots-seattle/6177237/?utm_content=bufferf2777&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer Only thing I might add: as tourists with kids, you might want to try the Space Needle. Go for lunch so the food isn't quite as expensive. The view is - of course - incredible. The restaurant turns, so over the course of an hour you will go all the way around once. Make sure at least one kid order the "orbit sundae" which is an amazing sight, complete with dry ice mist. Very fun. And, the food is actually pretty good - particularly for such an iconic tourist destination. If you're here long enough and are up to a bit of exploring, think about taking the ferry from downtown to Bainbridge Island and walking up the (relatively small) hill to the town of Winslow. Either the restaurant Marche or Hitchcock make the trip worthwhile.

sexyLAMBCHOPx March 13, 2014

I agree with the Space Needle. A few years back, on a business trip a group of us had lunch there. It's touristy for sure - but it was my first time in Seattle and lots of fun.

lisina
lisina March 12, 2014

bon app also did a "where to eat in seattle" that was a huge help when we went: http://www.bonappetit.com...

lisabu
lisabu March 12, 2014

The walrus and the carpenter and how to eat a wolf on queen Anne.

KimmyV
KimmyV March 12, 2014

Thank you all so much! I can't wait to eat. No offense to where I live, but north idaho just doesn't have the greatest restaurant scene. As a former New Yorker I so miss eating out! I lucked out though because here, in the middle of nowhere, we have a guy from Brooklyn making bagels. : ) I for sure will go to salumi and will try some of the other suggestions. Thanks!