🔕 🔔

We are going to Kiawah Island at the end of July. Where should we eat?

We are renting a villa, so we eat in also, but any ideas, tips, recommendations are great. We will spend 1 day in Charleston, so I welcome your suggestions for that too. My husband and I love seafood, the 12 year old, not so much, but she is willing to experiment.

asked by Stephanie G 5 months ago

Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

Hi Stephanie, I'm sorry you haven't received an answer to this yet, I'm bumping it back up to the top in hopes of getting more eyes on it!

Fbc31129 dd77 4f50 92da 5ddc4a29c892  summer 2010 1048

I can't help you with restaurant recs on Kiawah proper, but I can recommend a few places nearby. Find local provisions at Blackbird market and Rosebank farmstand on Johns Island on the way in. Also, Wild Olive (also on Johns Island) is a lovely Italian spot with local seafood and great pasta. As for Charleston, I wouldn't miss FIG (but make a reservation now). The food writer/critic at the paper down here recently compiled an eating itinerary that I think is pretty spot on: http://www.postandcourier...

3299dd0b a953 46f5 8a98 a0241f3b893a  256
MMH

If you like to cook, a low country boil is a local favorite. That time of year you will have easy access to all of the fresh ingredients. Have a great time. Also buy some of their local rice to take home.

MMH

In charleston eat at Hyman' seafood. Also, across the bridge in Mt Pleasent are many of the piers and fresh houses where you can eat what has been harvested that day. All of the blue crab processing is there. These are the places where you sit on a pic nic table and eat the freshest.