We are going to Kiawah Island at the end of July. Where should we eat?

We are renting a villa, so we eat in also, but any ideas, tips, recommendations are great. We will spend 1 day in Charleston, so I welcome your suggestions for that too. My husband and I love seafood, the 12 year old, not so much, but she is willing to experiment.

asked by Stephanie G over 1 year ago

former Community Editor

Hi Stephanie, I'm sorry you haven't received an answer to this yet, I'm bumping it back up to the top in hopes of getting more eyes on it!

Midge

I can't help you with restaurant recs on Kiawah proper, but I can recommend a few places nearby. Find local provisions at Blackbird market and Rosebank farmstand on Johns Island on the way in. Also, Wild Olive (also on Johns Island) is a lovely Italian spot with local seafood and great pasta. As for Charleston, I wouldn't miss FIG (but make a reservation now). The food writer/critic at the paper down here recently compiled an eating itinerary that I think is pretty spot on: http://www.postandcourier.com/food/forked_path/newly-updated-ultimate-three-day-eating-itinerary-for-charleston-visitors/article_3a03223c-c796-11e6-a1b6-3b18c959fa1e.html

MMH
MMH

If you like to cook, a low country boil is a local favorite. That time of year you will have easy access to all of the fresh ingredients. Have a great time. Also buy some of their local rice to take home.

MMH
MMH

In charleston eat at Hyman' seafood. Also, across the bridge in Mt Pleasent are many of the piers and fresh houses where you can eat what has been harvested that day. All of the blue crab processing is there. These are the places where you sit on a pic nic table and eat the freshest.