"No cook" cookbooks

Looking for cookbooks that utilize raw ingredients with little to no electric appliances (ie: dehydrators.)

• Posted by: Lo
  • March 16, 2014

Sam1148 March 17, 2014

Not a 'cookbook' but the Excalabur dehydrator web site has a great series of videos on using, storing, and recipes. http://www.excaliburdehydrator.com/video

SKK March 19, 2014

My favorite raw food books are:
Raw Food/Real World
Raw Food Made Easy for 1 or 2 People by Jennifer Cornbleet
Raw by Charlie Trotter and Roxanne Klein
These three books have great recipes from basic to gourmet. Eating 'raw' is very simple and tasty. If you can swing it, another great resource is going to Optimum Health Institute. Hope this helps.
By the way I often make recipes from these books for friends and they love them. Don't tell them it is raw. The flavors are just amazing.

SKK March 19, 2014

One more thing, raw food does not need a lot of electrical appliances. Sometimes it is useful to have a food processor. Dehydrators are not at all necessary unless you want to preserve food or make crackers, and some newer ovens will go low enough to substitute for a dehydrator.