i need a few low calorie dinner suggestions.

after eating out three days in a row, i need some good ideas for low cal dinners. so far have made 2 egg omelet, salads and soups. any other ideas for really loooow cal will be surely welcomed
tia

• Posted by: alienor
  • March 18, 2014

Voted the Best Reply!

HalfPint March 18, 2014

Baked white-fleshed fish. Like fish en papillote (fish baked in parchment or a paper bag).

aargersi March 18, 2014

Do you like tofu? I often will do a low-fat firm tofu with lots of veggies and ginger and garlic and soy - either stir fried or roasted.

VERY lightly breaded and baked eggplant with marinara is great, filling but light

Shrimp and veggies, or add in some pineapple and maybe a broth / cornstarch thing for a sweet and sour type thing
Really think lean protein and lots of plants and you should be OK!

Pegeen March 18, 2014

Grain and beans form complete proteins. You don't want to overload on them due to carbohydrates but they're a chewy, filling side dish for the plate.

Veggies - don't overcook and, sigh, you can't slather them with butter or cheese. You want them with some crunch, because the longer you chew, the more time you're giving your stomach to tell your brain that it's full.